Try this hearty and nourishing meal for workout days. This is a low fat, high fibre meal with carbs and protein to fuel your body. Just halve the recipe if you’re cooking for 1 and use the lid supplied to keep the rest of your Fridge Pot fresh for another meal.
Makes: 2 large meals
Takes: about 35 minutes
1 x 110g John West Tuna in Spring Water Fridge Pot
400g new potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into discs about 5mm thick
1 tbs olive oil
100g tenderstem broccoli
50g sugar snap peas, or mange tout, halved diagonally if large
1 medium leek, sliced
large handful spinach, washed
small handful flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Steam the sliced potatoes for about 7 minutes until almost tender then drain
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or deeper sauté pan. Saute the potatoes for 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring to ensure even cooking
- Add the broccoli and fry for another 4-5 minutes then add the leeks and sugar snaps. Season well with black pepper and sauté for a further 4 minutes or so, until all the vegetables are tender and the potatoes are golden
- Turn off the heat, stir in the spinach then add the tuna chunks on top. Pop on the lid if you have one and just allow the spinach to wilt a little and the tuna to warm through for a minute or so
- Divide between two bowls and sprinkle with the parsley then drizzle on some sriracha sauce before serving
Tip: if you prefer your broccoli a bit less crunchy, you can steam it for a minute or so before adding to the pan.
If you’d like to increase the fat content, swap to John West Tuna in olive oil or tuna in sunflower oil instead.