Make two meals in one – enjoy the vegetables and tuna hot for dinner then keep the leftovers in the fridge and use to make lunch for the next day.
You can use pitas or flatbreads or a gluten free option for lunch
Makes 2 main meals and 2 lunches.
Takes: approx 30 minutes
Ingredients for the traybake
1 red or yellow pepper (or half of each), deseeded and roughly chopped
1 small courgette, sliced into half moons
1 small red onion (or half a large one), cut into wedges
2 cloves garlic, unpeeled and gently smashed
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
good pinch black pepper
200g cherry tomatoes
1 tbs pine nuts
1 x 80g pot John West Tuna Infusions with Basil
To serve for dinner
1 pouch microwaveable brown rice (or cook your own)
small handful fresh basil leaves
To make lunch with leftovers
2 large pittas or 2 flatbreads
2 handfuls salad leaves
40g feta, crumbled (approx 2 tbs)
2 heaped tsp tzatziki
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan/Gas 6.
- Put the peppers, courgettes, onion and whole garlic cloves onto a baking tray and drizzle over the olive oil. Mix well with your hands to coat, then season with black pepper. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, then stir and add the tomatoes. Sprinkle over the pine nuts and return to the oven for another 10 minutes until the vegetables are turning golden
- Remove from the oven and either discard the garlic or remove the skin and roughly chop then add back to the vegetables. Scatter over the John West Tuna Infusions with Basil and leave to warm through slightly
- Meanwhile heat the rice then divide between two bowls. Top each bowl of rice with a third of the tuna and roasted vegetables then scatter over the basil leaves and enjoy! You should have about one third of the vegetables left so allow to cool then pop in the fridge
- To make lunch the next day, add a handful of lettuce to each pitta or wrap, followed by half the leftover roast vegetables and tuna. Crumble over a little feta and add a dollop of tzatziki to finish.